Monday, January 21, 2008

MY FIRST REAL ESTATE BLOG POST

LET ME START BY INTRODUCING MYSELF, WHO I AM AND HOW DID I GET HERE TODAY. ..

FINDING A PLACE IN SOUTH FLORIDA

When we immigrated to Miami from in 1995, I wanted to find a place for My family in the wake of a devastating recession back home. What I found in the process however, was a place I couldn’t imagine ever wanting to leave and career that allows me help others do the same.

STARTING FROM SCRATCH

I grew up in Buenos Aires, Argentina and worked for the family’s company after graduating from school. A recession in the mid 90’s however crippled the business and left me almost broke. With a wife and two children depending on me, I knew we would have to move someplace where I would have a better opportunity to support my family and provide a future for my children.





THE NATURAL CHOICE
As we decided where to go, Miami seemed like a natural choice: My wife’s family had immigrated to South Florida a year earlier and I had several contacts that thought could help me get a good job and a decent home. Yet even with these supports, the transition to life in the U.S. wasn’t easy. Finding a place for my family proved to be much more difficult than I expected, and with no one to really stand by my side and help me through the process, I often felt like I was being hung out to dry.

FINDING A CAREER IN REAL ESTATE
Although things eventually worked out, it was the difficulties we experienced along the way that led me to pursue a career as a real estate professional. I wanted to help people find their place, the same way that I wished he’d had someone when I first came to Miami.

A LEADER IN THE INDUSTRY

For almost ten years now, I have strived to do exactly that. First as an agent and then as a broker, constantly worked to help people find their place and had phenomenal success in doing so. Now- as the owner of my own independent real estate firm, Terrabella Realty-

I try to teach all of our associates to follow these three basic principles:

1) Really listen to your client’s needs.
2) Take the time to educate them on local market conditions.
3) Lead them through every step of the transaction.

No comments: